Zontians undertake projects which will improve the status and well being of women internationally, nationally and locally. Zontians endeavour to improve legal, political, economic, professional, health and status of women.
Zonta holds consultative status with:
The United Nations agencies-
- UNICEF, UNESCO and ECONSOC and has permanent observers status at the United Nations in New York, Paris and Geneva.
- The International Labour Organisation (ILO) and the Council of Europe.
Zonta’s Appeal – Why Join?
Service – Opportunity for service with a wide range of projects locally, nationally and internationally.
Fellowship – With a diverse group of interesting and stimulating women, locally, nationally and internationally. Zontaians are welcome at clubs worldwide.
Personal Development – opportunity to gain in self confidence and personal development.
Networking – Locally, nationally and internationally with women in your own feild and with similar interests.
How much of my time will Zonta take?
We have a dinner meeting on the 1st Tuesday of each month. The meeting consists of business, fellowship and a guest speaker.
- Board meeting for Board members – one meeting per month prior to the Dinner Meeting.
- Committee meetings – one per month.
- Fundraising projects. We aim for maximum results for minimum input.
- There are also workshops and conference where attendance is encouraged, but optional.
How much will it cost?
- Currently our annual dues are $175.00. (This is divided proportionally into international, national and local levies).
- Currently the monthly dinners are $30.00 plus drinks and a voluntary raffle.